Redang Island Trip: The New Camera

pulau-redang-island-beach-malaysia

The rest of the Redang trip was shot with the Nikon D3s. Daryl's dad was so nice to let me use the camera for the entire duration of the trip. It was my first time handling a full frame camera but generally the layout and ergonomics feels sort of familiar. The body is quite heavy and bulky but that actually made it very nice to hold, something which is best explained by holding it yourself. These are some of the very first shots I took with the camera.

I thought that the camera was such a dream to use. My 50mm 1.4 lens was on it for the entire trip and basically that was the only lens I used because I found no need to change it. The focusing is much more accurate at 1.4 than my current camera and the bokeh is so creamy can die! I want that camera so badly right now. All I need is Rm 17 000. Anyone? 


pulau-redang-island-beach-malaysia
pulau-redang-island-beach-malaysia
pulau-redang-island-beach-malaysia
pulau-redang-island-beach-malaysia
pulau-redang-island-beach-malaysia
pulau-redang-island-beach-malaysia

Comments

  1. Love ur pics

    May@ www.amayzing.me

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Thank you! Its always nice to hear that people enjoy the photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the light in the 3rd, 4th and 5th pictures is amah-zing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. =) Haha the magical 1/2 hour before the sun sets completely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually what's a full- frame? I've got one recently but have no idea what's the difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read this (http://improvephotography.com/699/the-difference-between-full-frame-and-crop-sensor-dslr-cameras/)

    Basically there's the crop factor cameras (CFC) and full frame cameras (FFC). Pictures from CFCs are the same BUT minus the sides. So this effects few things like the lens in terms of range, a 35mm on a FFC would be a 50mm-ish on a CFC. Then FFC have better depth of field, etc. The article gives a pretty good summary. And FFCs are normally or always on the higher end of the camera range so that means better sensors hence higher quality photographs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts