Nasi Dagang Mak Ngah @ Cendering, Kuala Terengganu

nasi-dagang-mak-ngah-cendering-kuala-terangganu

I was never fond of nasi dagang. This dish is found mostly in the East Coast of Malaysia, like Kelantan and Terengganu. The curry is too sweet  for my liking and I've had bad experiences where the rice have gone bad, leaving that bitter and slimy aftertaste in my mouth.

This experience restored my faith in that delicacy. Do not be deceived by its unassuming facade. I personally think it looks really rock star authentic. A clever way to save on washing plates by using banana leaves! Mak Ngah's nasi dagang is served on a banana leaf; which consists of rice topped with a few pieces of curry fish.

It is nothing like the previous nasi dagangs that I had. The curry is not sweet. The rice is fragrant and richly infused with coconut milk. I have never tasted nasi dagang like that. So nice! My only complain is regarding the portion because I was begging for more. But there were extra plates of mee goreng and keropok lekor going around so it was alright.


nasi-dagang-mak-ngah-cendering-kuala-terangganu
nasi-dagang-mak-ngah-cendering-kuala-terangganu
nasi-dagang-mak-ngah-cendering-kuala-terangganu

A big thanks to Daryl's parents for bringing us here. I will definitely be hunting around KL for something similar, if that is even possible. Mak Ngah's nasi dagang is very straight forward. If I'm not mistaken there is only one dish available which is the fish curry. I have no idea how much it costs but from reading around the blogosphere it looks like she charges premium prices. I can't verify that but all I can say is that this is the best nasi dagang I have ever tasted. And I hate tune/sardines to the core. So getting me to like it is quite an impressive accomplishment.




Mak Ngah's Nasi Dagang
Cendering, Kuala Terengganu,
Terengganu.

Comments

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts