Japan Trip: The Beginning


Konnichiwa from Japan! The trip started off a little wet yesterday but I'm having a great time here with my family. We joined a tour so our itinerary is very packed. Right after landing at the airport yesterday, we went to Universal Studios right away! But more on that another day. That was Osaka and we were in Kyoto today. In Nagoya for the night and we'll be heading to Mount Fuji in the morning and on to Tokyo after that. 

Japan is amazing. Everything here is so different and that gives you so much to discover. They seem to be obsessed with vending machines and you can spot them all over the place, covering a whole row at a time. Interesting note. You can adjust the sweetness, strength of coffee and amount of creamer on the coffee vending machine. You should see how excited I was.

Their convenience stores are also pretty interesting to browse through. Everything is uniquely Japanese from the chips to the sweets to the bottles of water. Well, I find these sorta things interesting haha. At shopping areas you'll find really big crowds of people who somehow have the ability to walk on the same side in two directions, like if everyone is walking towards twelve o'clock they will walk on the left and vice versa.

People here are extremely polite and perky. I used to think that no way on earth would there be real life portrayals of the anime demeanor. I was wrong. So wrong. I would say that it captures the essence of Japanese people pretty accurately, to a certain extent of course. I had no idea what they were talking about but I still find it fascinating listening to their voices which is enthusiasm defined.

One final thing. I've started using Instagram, which is an amazing iPad application for photography. I will be posting real time updates (or at least when I reach free wi-fi spots) and you can check it out here.

Comments

Popular Posts