Jalan-jalan Ipoh

Note: I'm still in Bali! And this post has been scheduled. Will be back on Monday so stay tuned!

Most posts on Ipoh. I was there for a whole week last week, went two days earlier than the BRATs workshop. It was really fun hunting down shops recommended by 'the Star Street Food Guide'. We got lost so many times (I blame Ipoh's one way street system) but I guess that's the fun part about travelling.

I have here a set of photographs that I took at some of the coffeeshops I went to. Ipoh has a very dull kinda setting so I took these pictures in black and white to give more emphasis on its character. Its my first week with the new camera so lots of experimenting!

ipoh-coffee-shop-photograph
This is the brew of coffee that Ipoh is so famous for. Parents insisted on looking for this particular coffeeshop (can't remember the name). But its famous lah! I think everyone know these (two) coffeeshop being famous for being directly opposite each other. Competition much?


ipoh-coffee-shop-photograph
Typical scene in a coffeeshop-family with cups of coffee+someone stirring the coffee with the 'soup spoon' to cool it+kids look vored with nothing to do.


ipoh-coffee-shop-photograph
Another scene from a coffeeshop....



ipoh-coffee-shop-photograph
This was SO spontaneous. I saw this uncle cooking the noodles and thought (yeah) I'll just snap a pic of him. Then as if by clockwork he just smiled at me! This reminds me how unpredictable photography can be (which is why I love it so much, you never know what shot you will get next!).



ipoh-coffee-shop-photograph
Finally, one of my favourite shots from the coffeeshop set. I'll let this picture do the rest of the talking =D

Comments

  1. woah! that Ah Pek is very nice ler! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday, I will go to Malaysia. You wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The noodles uncle is looking really good. I like that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white shots. Although the coffee shop look fairly small, locals seem to appreciate the business.

    Meanwhile, have you tried to ride on a kicir kicir? If not, read my article about Kicir-Kicir at Eropa. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chien, ahhhaa thanks!

    Kay, let me know! I'll gladly bring you and your family around =D It will be worth your time definitely!

    Alice Teh, yeah he's so awesome to pose for the picture!

    Asian Traveler, thanks lots! Yeah, the more authentic chinese stalls tend to be smaller. Mostly run by the family itself. I'll check out your new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo shots. Using professional camera?

    ReplyDelete
  7. MichLeong, thanks! I'm using a Nikon D90 and I think its considered a mid-range camera. But if you refer to DSLRs in general as professional cameras, then yes I'm using one! Thanks for dropping by =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts