Merry Christmas!

Finally, the most wonderful time of the year is here. Just had a wonderful Christmas eve dinner with the family and watched Home Alone 2 together after that. The things that the little kid do to those thugs, they should be dead by the end of the movie!


On another note, I just want to thank God for being so faithful and for all His blessings. I just feel like I've been blessed out of my socks this year because it has been nothing short of amazing.
I would not call it perfect because there were definitely challenging moments and life's just like that. But seriously! I thought last year was amazing. So I'm feeling very optimistic about the year 2011. 

One of the verses that I always hold on to is Jeremiah 29:11.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Life can get very uncertain and more often than not I will find myself questioning my direction, asking myself if I'm ever going to end up somewhere. Being a student, one of the things that haunts me ever so often is the fear of failure.

Thing is that I've come to understand that God has a plan for my life, a good one I might add. It says so in the Bible. I'll do my part and trust that He will take care of the rest. Simple in philosophy but not so simple in execution to be honest. It does seem ridiculous to leave your whole future in the hands of some dude in the sky. I remember being in a dark place for a period in my life. To cut a really long story short, God came through for me.

After the situations and circumstances that I've been through, it took me a while but I finally understand and truly believe that 'God loves me'.

Three words. Very simple English and not too difficult to understand but its true profound meaning still evades many people. I sincerely hope that one day you will come to understand the meaning of these words.

Merry Christmas.

And here's a nice little video by Josh Groban to wrap things up and set the mood!

Comments

  1. Yes, God loves all of us tremendously Stanley!
    Happy New Year 2011!
    May it be even more fruitful, joyful and meaningful to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks yoonsee. Have a great year 2011 ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts