This Week's Ramblings

Photobucket

This week have just been really...bleh. Some people just don't know how the repercussions of their actions could effect other people. Consequently, I'm feeling really drained having to deal with so much at one time with exams around the corner. And a few individuals are not making things any easier.

Song of the week:

Gravity 
by John Mayer

Gravity is working against me
And gravity wants to bring me down

Oh I'll never know what makes this man
With all the love that his heart can stand
Dream of ways to throw it all away

Oh Gravity is working against me
And gravity wants to bring me down

Oh twice as much ain't twice as good
And can't sustain like a one half could
It's wanting more
That's gonna send me to my knees


Oh gravity, stay the hell away from me
And gravity has taken better men than me


Just keep me where the light is
Just keep me where the light is
Just keep me where the light is
C'mon keep me where the light is
C'mon keep me where the light is
Oh... where the light is!


Friends are even noticing the stress on my face. I find it troubling because I thought that I've always been good at masking those feeling, hiding them behind a calm exterior. Its not that I want to bottle it all inside, I just don't want to people to worry. Everyone have enough to deal with as it is and you cant have everyone breaking down at the same time.

Events that occurred this past week placed me in such a tight spot, testing my principles and patience. Many people had to make tough decisions and deal with the effects of it. Why did it have to come down to this? Part of me wished that something could be done way earlier to prevent this from happening.

Thing is, it happened and there is nothing I can do now. A friend once told me "Don't worry, its not your fault it rained". I found it funny but how true it is that I can get so bummed at things that are obviously out of my control.

I've learn to leave all these impossible things to God. After all that's what he's good at and I have been convinced many times over and over again. 

At the same time I'm grateful for friends and people in my life for their support. Its those little things people do like asking how you are or that reassuring squeeze on the shoulder or ambushing you with a hug or watching movies at the sixth form center.

Right now I really miss the family. I could use some home cooked food and a hug right now.

Comments

  1. Stanley, I have followed your blog for a while now and I know you can rise above the challenges you are facing now. You have a good head on your shoulder. Things can get overwhelming sometimes.Think positive, don't dwell on this. Know that it will past and work on what needs to be done one step at a time. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going! There is light at the end of the tunnel =) =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you somewhere behind the rainbow always lay a little storm, yet behind the little storm always lay the silver lining. Regardless how hard life flings at us, or how heavy problems weight us down, at the end of the day, we still can float up, up and away.

    God Bless and here's a virtue hugs for you! *hugs* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lilian, as always I really appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup things are certainly better this week. Thanks for your kind words C:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate the hug! Thank you. God bless you too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts