Manna Thai Restaurant (Siam Paragon) in Bangkok, Thailand

Lately, I've been scouring food blogs to look at food. I'm really looking forward to Chinese New Year. CNY has always been synonymous with good food, and the fun of sharing it with a big group of people. Then there's all the catching up and laughing at my 25+ year old cousins when the older folks drill them with questions about their boyfriend/girlfriend and marriage.

Last two weeks or so have been very satisfying so far. Had my first reunion dinner two weeks back and the food was GOOD! Roasted piglet, lou sang, steamed fish-you name it! Then last week dad brought me to Lot 10's Hutong food court.

One Saturday ago, I went with the dad and sister to Dave's in One Utama. Gosh, the pork ribs were so good. We also had the house pizza which was probably the best pizza that I've had in the while. The last time I had good pizza was in Alexis. Then we topped it up with squid ink pasta.

That was one awesome lunch, probably the best that I've had in a food court. We ate loads of food hahha- pork knuckle, hokkien mee, oh chien, beef noodle, egg tarts, and char koay teow, all by the 3 of us =)

The resonating theme in all these meals is PORK!!! I had so much good food recently, I'm looking forward to CNY. Perhaps I'll try to convince dad to bring the family up to Penang. 3 days till CNY holidays, can't wait!

..................................................................

Just a quick flash back to last year's trip to Bangkok with dad. On our final night we had a good meal in one of those nice Thai restaurants in Siam Paragon. We did not really hit the jackpot with street food so we went for this (although the Pad Thai near our hotel was really good).

manna-thai-siam-paragon-bangkok
manna-thai-siam-paragon-bangkok

I liked the food here. Its all proper with the nice set up and all, so perhaps you loose the authentic feel. But I genuinely enjoyed my meal there.

manna-thai-siam-paragon-bangkok
manna-thai-siam-paragon-bangkok
This was some sort of crepe with santan filling. Quite surprising because I expected it to be savoury rather than sweet. But it was good in an interesting way. And it even came with chili! Hmm.....crepe+sweet santan+chilli. Interesting combination.


manna-thai-siam-paragon-bangkok
The tom yum koong was really good. Perhaps not enough kick for people who like it really spicy but it was just nice in my case. It was spicy enought to get me sweating a tiny lil' bit. But then I THINK I have a pretty good general toleration of chilli. Its been a while since I've eaten something so spicy it blasted my mind.

manna-thai-siam-paragon-bangkok
This is some kind of curry crab dish. Good stuff. I'm really hungry in my current state anyway so perhaps my judgement can be slightly biased haha.

manna-thai-siam-paragon-bangkok
Oh, the Pineapple Friend Rice was undeniably good! It had the sweet succulent taste from the pinapple. Well I'm a really big fan of pineapple fried rice and its hard to go wrong with friend rice.

manna-thai-siam-paragon-bangkok
Its some seafood thing......I think its the other tom yam thing. I can remember the curry being very creamy and rich. Serving it in a pineapple is a nice touch too. Kinds of remind me a little of otak-otak. It had a similar taste lingering there.


manna-thai-siam-paragon-bangkok
Mojito! Really like this drink. Cross between Limau Ais and a tinge of alcohol.

Basically, good all rounder restaurant serving good food. Probably can't compare to those gems you'll find in the streets but its a good place to go when you're tired on that last night, and tired of searching.

Manna Thai Restaurant
Address :G Fl., SIAM PARAGON, 991 Rama1, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel.0-2129-4555
Email:manna.paragon@gmail.com

Comments

  1. ohhh yummy food.. but spicy right? i cannot stand spiciness.. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food must taste good, I don't care whether its set up or street :P Oh must be affordable too hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, spicy definitely but I don't think its as spicy as the street versions. Should be a little tamed down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it was! Yup pricing was reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The circular restaurant promotional piece really caught my attention.
    I love doodling and having my final thoughts painted a custome made board too.
    The next time, I want to paint on a plate.

    Tom Yam is one of my favourite dishes too.
    Thanks for the superb feast here. I now still pantang, so just see only lah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool you should totally paint a plate hahah. Grab yourself some tom yam soon, don't deprive yourself of its goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts