Fried Mars Bars

*Whoops! Its not American. I do agree the UK flag and words "British Take Away" may have given me a clue. Did some googling, and found out that its actually scottish. *sigh* I apologise for stereotyping Americans. lol

These things are THE bomb! Too good, too good! You may wonder how you can make something already fattening even more fattening, but the Americans did it. The person who thought of frying mars bars is a genius!

Photobucket

We stumbled upon this shop in one of the shopping malls in Singapore last year. Its was during the Model United Nations conference. The term 'fried mars bars' sounds kind of familiar to me. I think it was featured in one of those AFC food programs.

Photobucket

All of us shared one big cup, and it was good! Next day, we went back and this time we got one cup each. But we all got overkill from the super sweetness. Hmm....somehow it didn't taste as good as it did the first day or perhaps we got over it sooner than we thought.

Hhahah, I tried replicating this at church's Psalmist Coffeehouse one Sunday and it was an epic fail. Lol, using waffle batter wasn't such a good idea. I'll probably have another go at it this holiday and we'll see how it turns out.

Comments

  1. Americans? Geezer, the flags in the picture are a clue!

    We tried to cook these for xmas dessert once at a skiing hostel in the French Alps. I reckon the secret must be to freeze them first. Ours had been sitting by the open fire for a while before they went into the pot, so we ended up with a kind of oily sweet soup, only much nastier than it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a British flag, no? :P Wow I've never stopped at the shp everytime I am in Singapore. Now I know I must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for point it out! HAhah.....

    Yeah good point, I'll keep that in mind while trying it out next week. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAhaah yes yes! Very blur case here lol. You should, its really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So do we have this in Malaysia? :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. =( No....I guess not. But its pretty easy to make! I'm trying it out this week. Will probably blog about it, to whether it was a success/fail hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts