Clark Quay, Singapore

I'm currently in a very festive mood so I shall post up something that reminds me of festivity which is Clark Quay. Last year when I was there, the place was just bustling with activity! Its such a happening area. We spotted many other fellow MUN participants partying hard all night. Us? We were just strolling and chillin.... =)

By the way I just got back from Raub, Pahang. I had such a good time back there with the family. They were very gracious and friendly as always despite me being a banana. Lots of awkward silences over the dinner table but the good food makes up for that.

Then uncle surprised us by bringing out a box of fireworks. I can't remember the last time I played with fireworks. It brought back so many fond memories, uncle even bought this huge-ass fireworks that was the size of a big box.

Got a really cool video of it, 10 good minutes of festivity. I would post it up but......erm.....technically fireworks are illegal here. =( I don't want to get anyone in trouble but posting 'evidence' here. lol

Well, until I'm done sorting through the pictures let's head back down to Singapore!


clark-quay-singapore
clark-quay-singapore
clark-quay-singapore

I really like the lighting. It seems like the people who designed the place took photography into account which was very consistent and does not require much fiddling with settings. And as I said the place was bustling with action! That or I need to get out more often.

clark-quay-singapore
This chef even posed when he noticed me taking a shot. Those huge glasses are a crowd puller.


clark-quay-singapore
Then there was this huge entourage of ladies having a Bachelorette party. They were WILD. These people certainly attracted loads of attention to themselves. This band was playing and the bachelorette herself danced right through.

clark-quay-singapore
clark-quay-singapore
I also noticed this interesting bar, "Clinic" that has a very interesting set up. As shown in the picture above, people sit in sofas modelled after hospital beds and drink from IV lines. They also serve shots in syringes. 0____0

clark-quay-singapore
This is a band I was talking about. We even had one of these play during the THIMUN closing ceremony so I'm assuming this kind of thing is popular in Singapore. Later during the day we bumped into one of the girls who performed at Thimun. The story is quite lengthy, so I'll elaborate another time.

clark-quay-singapore
Here's Azelli, Jinho and Syahirah chilling as the band plays. Clark Quay is happening!

It was a good break after being all intellectual during the day debating about international issues and such. Now I shall return to enjoying my week long break from school. Have an awesome Chinese New Year and hope you guys have a great time.

Comments

  1. Now the chef really knew how to be a crowd puller huh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, Clarke Quay is indeed a very happening place at night. :) Did you try the bungee jump and stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those huge specs do turn heads, well at least it turned mine! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched people do it haha. What to do.....student here got budget.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts