Best Pan Mee in KL: Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee

best-pan-mee-kl-kin-kin-chilli-pan-mee

Kin Kin's chilli pan mee needs no introduction. If you've heard of this place, chances are it is by word of mouth. People have been raving about this place for such a long time I wonder why I haven't tried it sooner. I manage to drag a few of the guys (Caleb, Jake and Johnson) out for a whole day of eating. We ate our way through Kuala Lumpur from lunch till supper. 

I crave different foods at different periods of time. Currently, it's pan mee. God I sound like I'm pregnant. Caleb suggested this place which many claim to serve the best pan mee in KL. From the outside, the restaurant looks like every other coffee shop. Nothing stands out. A lady could be seen busy at work preparing bowls of noodles and patron digging into their lunches. Just a normal day on a street of Kuala Lumpur. 


best-pan-mee-kl-kin-kin-chilli-pan-mee
best-pan-mee-kl-kin-kin-chilli-pan-mee
best-pan-mee-kl-kin-kin-chilli-pan-mee
best-pan-mee-kl-kin-kin-chilli-pan-mee

But the pan mee, oh the glorious noodles. Their noodles come in spaghetti shape as opposed to the usual flat ones. The egg is perfectly poached. Also the chilli is in a class of their own. It has some sort of subtle smoky flavour to it. You mix everything together and gobble down the medley of deliciousness. I'm even smiling right now while writing this.

One bowl cost Rm 6 if I'm not mistaken, a wee bit pricey considering the ridiculously small portions. Waiting time isn't that great either. I wouldn't go there if I was rushing for a quick lunch. All is forgiven though at the first bite. Incredibly satisfying.


Restoran Kin Kin
40 Jalan Dewan Sultan Sulaiman 1
Off Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
Chow Kit
50300 Kuala Lumpur

Comments

Popular Posts