Back to basics


Being back in Malaysia is like slipping into an old pair of favourite jeans. I've been revisiting places that I use to frequent and discovering new places that have popped up while I was gone. There is now a huge shopping mall ten minutes from where I live which has the whole works, cinema and all. Before this came along, our only option was Damansara which is half an hour away. 

Then there is food. Oh goodness. Edinburgh has many wonderful things but food is not one of them. I'm slowly working through my list of must-eats. As you can see in the pictures above I started with the very essential roti telur. I would describe it as a cross between a crepe and naan. It is something so simple yet effectively delicious. I have fond childhood memories of dad taking me and Sophia to the mamak store around the corner on Saturday mornings for breakfast. My order rarely diverges from the usual roti telur dan milo ais.

That was back in the day when we were still living in Subang Jaya. Saturday mornings were moments of joy. It was the only time during the week when I was allowed to watch cartoons, taking a break from the weekday tuition regime.

Oh Stanley. Barely twenty one and already so sentimental.

Comments

Popular Posts