Full Frame

So, my new camera just came in! I've gone full frame babeh. Dad brought this beautiful D800 back home a few days ago. We had to place an order because stock is always not available due to high demand. Here are a few simple random shots I took around the house just to test this magnificent piece of machinery out.

First thoughts about the camera. Very nice built and feels so good holding it. Sounds a little creepy but whatever. I love the new shutter sounds as well, it's very distinct from the D90. Loads of new buttons to press as well. The layout is generally the same and it did not take long to catch on to the new features. It was very intuitive. The display screen as well is huge and has much higher resolution as well. Focusing is extremely fast and accurate, so is metering. I don't actually have so make my own settings. I am actually tempted to just keep shooting on aperture priority from now on. So accurate! I usually take at least three shots to get the exposure I want.

Need to take this baby out for a proper test run. Weather has not been particularly great though. Hopefully a nice sunny evening will pop up soon enough.





Comments

Popular Posts