Hello 2012


Happy New Year! I spent the past two weeks with family and friends, taking a luxurious break from student life. Had so much good food. It's good to be reminded how satisfying it is to lean back against your chair after a meal feeling absolutely stuffed. 

The family came all the way up to Edinburgh for a visit. Had a blast taking them around and walking them through my daily routes in town. We stayed in this absolutely swanky service apartment I wished was my house. My bed had ten pillows on it! So many that I had to remove a few. Needless to say those were the most comfortable nights I've ever had in Edinburgh. We also discovered that Edinburgh turns into a ghost town on Christmas Day. Nothing was open except this Chinese restaurant (how typical!) which was quite a rip off. 

Flew down to London the next day. Long story short. Shop and eat.

Watched Wicked with the sister, which was brilliant. I think everyone in that theater including me, were secretly lip-singing to Defying Gravity when it came on. Tickets were pricey but well worth the experience. I will never get over how perfect the singing was. Where do these people come from?? Such talent.

After the family flew of to their exotic Dubai escapade, I stayed on in London with Daryl. His house looks like it came right out of an Ikea catalogue and I mean it in a good way of course. (Apparently he secretly stalks this place and has been bugging me for an update *waves at Daryl*)

New Years Eve was fun. A bunch of us met up for dinner at Nando's. Good fun catching up and laughing over embarrassing stories we made the night before at the club. Then we were off to Waterloo bridge where we spent the next three hours waiting for fireworks which lasted for about ten minutes. That explains the lack of firework pictures because I was pretty much occupied with looking at it. The atmosphere was really good and it's nice being a part of such a massive crowd. Everyone's probably excited about the prospects of the fresh start a new year promises.


That was in a nutshell, an abbreviated version of the event that happened in the past two weeks. More updates soon!



Comments

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts