Gold Mine @ Bayswater, London

gold-mine-roast-duck-bayswater-london

When talking about London with Chinese people, one of the thing that often comes about in conversation is roast duck. Legend has it that London serves the best roast duck in the world. After trying it, I say good effort London but the best roast duck in the world still goes to Petaling Street.



gold-mine-roast-duck-bayswater-london

Gold Mine is a 'duck place' recommended by some friends living in London. I thought that it was really good. Personally I think that the special taste comes from the extra layer under the skin, which may not fly with certain people especially those watching their cholesterol levels. (British people feed their ducks differently?) The duck is also de-boned before serving so I guess they win some marks for ease-of-eating. The siu yuk and char siu are good by local standards.

I really miss the roasted duck from Petaling Street, the one sold by two sisters and their elderly father. Dad have been buying roasted duck from them since I was little so it might have some added nostalgic value to it. But I will always remember how I would always get a drumstick, bite into the juicy flesh and hear that slight crunch from the crispy skin. Best duck ever. Good times.

How am I going to hold out till summer?? Ahhhhhhh.




Gold Mine
102 Queensway
Bayswater, UK W2 3

Comments

Popular Posts