KTJ Prom 2010

Wow, its was a blast. It was not without its kinks but at the end of the day everyone had a good time and I think that's what matters. This year's prom was held at the very bling-ish Hilton Kuala Lumpur located conveniently across KL Sentral.

I was very impressed by the treatment we were given by the hotel. They had people assigned to our event making sure that we know where the ballroom is. The hotel even had the name of our event displayed on the little LCD screens in front of the ballroom. I appreciate little details like this and it really solidifies why the Hilton is such a well established hotel chain in the first place.

My friends bunked over at my house on Friday and went to our hotel, Micasa All Suite Hotel on Saturday. This way we save money staying for only one night.

I arrived at Hilton at 2pm for rehearsals. They were not ready to start and we began at 3. Typical Malaysian time. Rushed across to KL Sentral to get a hair cut and told the lady to just do something nice for a special event and my did she work my hair. I really liked how it turned out. But I can't seem to replicate the same effect now on my own.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Here are the guys getting ready for prom. Everyone looked good and dashing in their suits. I just wished I had taken more detailed pictures like how wedding photographers do it. I would if I was not busy getting dressed myself!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The setting was just gorgeous. I liked the candlesticks and during the actual event that night it added lots of mood to the evening. Everyone loves a candle lit dinner. And it fits the theme as well which is "The Velvet Room Mystery". There was this whole murder and all that jazz theme going on.

We had a drama running simultaneously with prom this year. There was problem with mike which affected audibility but everyone made the best out of it. Sound system was good. I sang "Call Me Irresponsible" and had a good time singing it. Hmm, I wonder if anyone has a recording of it.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Here is some pictures from the dance floor. No, this is not the after party. I think after parties should NEVER be photographed. These are places where politicians create those scandalous pictures haha.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Basically, we took pictures all night. Its rather natural since everyone was dressed in their best, and they would want a momento of the moment. This is probably the only time where I was actually in loads of pictures. These are just a handful of the pictures I took.

It was a good night, hanging out with friends. And there was good food too, which I personally think is a crucial element to having a good time. After prom, I headed to Heritage Row for the after party at Gosh. Lets just say we have loads to talk about this week over the dinner table.

After that, I headed to Changkat Bukit Bintang to chill with Claudius, Bryan and Amirul. Had some really good pizza and calamari rings. Then had mamak later on with Saiful and Win Sern. Sou you can see here that I'm more of a food guy!

Photobucket
Prom Queen and Prom King!

Comments

  1. Prom! I think mine was like 11 years ago. Uh oh I feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey stanley, you looked good that night! great singing too :) very unexpected actually (didn't know you could sing!) but t'was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Hahha =) Hope you had a wonderful night. And you're leaving soon! =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hair mousse + hairdryer + hairstyling antics = voila!

    btw, why did u keep yr coat on yr arms & not wear it in all yr pics?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I spent like Rm 30 for the haircut, a huge leap from the usuap 8 bucks. HAha after prom already, malas wear the coat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts