Penang Road Teochew Chendul (Cendol)

The sun was scorching hot and I walked around in our beloved hot and humid country. I was looking for something cool to drink and I came across this stall, a sugar cane stall! Yup I bought some sugar cane to drink. Then a few blocks down I found the cendol stall.

By that time, my thirst was quenched already. Its annoying because I was looking for some cendol earlier but could not find any, no thanks to my sense of direction. But since I was there, I decided to try it anyway.

The cendol was good but would have tasted better if I did not have the sugar cane earlier. The sweetness from the sugar cane rendered my tongue tasteless to other sweet stuff. But still I was good. I just found it a tad sourish. Perhaps its just the style where its meant to be sour, but it put me off a little. Other than that I was a nice treat; the nicely shaven ice, gula melaka, and the little green things.

penang-road-teochew-best-cendol
penang-road-teochew-best-cendol
penang-road-teochew-best-cendol

Comments

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts