Au Bon Pain, Bangkok

Opposite the Grand Palace (Bangkok, Thailand) you'll find this very french styled cafe called Au Bon Pain. Apparently this place has branches all over the globe according to Google. I found concept rather interesting and the setup of the place was in stark contrast to the other asian-ny shops next to it (not that I have issues against asian looking shops, this cafe just stood out okay).

au-bon-pain-bangkok
My dad's cup of coffee. We stopped by this cafe because the Grand Palace was not opened yet. Had my first taste of pretzels. I was kind of disappointed because pretzels are.......well.......just biscuits.

au-bon-pain-bangkok
The entrance of the shop.

au-bon-pain-bangkok
Seating area. The place has a very clean posh feel to it. Reminds me of the cafes in Paris.

au-bon-pain-bangkok
The lady at the counter was very shy. But managed to sneak in a shot.

au-bon-pain-bangkok
au-bon-pain-bangkok
au-bon-pain-bangkok
au-bon-pain-bangkok

Check it out if you happen to be in the area. Definitely a 'tourist' thing to do but still its a nice place to just chill and let the time pass. That is what vacations are for right? =D Food is alright (has that standard 'cafe' quality), you'll more likely be impressed by the interior. But then I just had a few buns so perhaps there's more to the food.

Popular Posts