Forever 21 @ The Daily Grind, Bangsar

daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar

Well, I am back in Malaysia! That means catching up with people that I have not seen in almost a year. Mom has been cooking some of my favourite dishes over the past few nights, particularly traditional Chinese New Year dishes since I was not back to celebrate it with the family this year. Since I got back, it has been a constant stream of good food. Malaysia is no place for a diet.

This year, a bunch of us childhood friends turn 21! The gang took us out for a small celebration since most of us are back in the country. We had dinner at The Daily Grind, which is supposed to be famous for their gourmet burgers. I had the Foie Gras Burger.  The portion of foie gras given to me was pathetic for the exorbitant price they were charging us, but I thought that the burger itself was pretty good.  It comes cooked at 'medium', so you definitely get tons of juice dripping down as you sink your teeth into the patty.


daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar
daily-grind-bangsar

I can't describe how great it is to see everyone again. It feels like I never left. The only thing I find weird is the constant remarks over how much weight I've lost. For me the change happened slowly over time, so I never gave it much thought as opposed to the 'before-after' effect it had on people back home. Most of those situations end with me blushing and not knowing what to say. 

Many people ask question about how my year abroad was like. So much has happened I find myself lost for words, not knowing where to start. It would take numerous yum cha sessions to tell them everything; tales of the amazing people I've met in Edinburgh, crazy stories from travelling around Europe and of course to also be on the receiving end, listening to updates on their life. 

It does seem like everyone is moving on to new beginnings, be it studying abroad or taking on a new jobs out of town. So it's nice to have everyone under one roof. Well, minus a few who are still making their way back home. These people have been around for a huge portion of my life including many pivotal points which they were a part of. Their presence invokes a comforting sense of familiarity, one that reminisces the good times we've had. Happy 21st Birthday guys, here's to many more.

Comments

Popular Posts