Day 5: Madrid


I woke up around ten in the morning. Slowly dragged myself to the bathroom for a shower. Came back and saw the American guy still sleeping. Something was wrong. I recall him talking about a flight he had to catch in the afternoon. The girls were already awake so I went over to them.

"Doesn't Ben have a flight to catch?" I asked.

Their eyes widened, confirming what I suspected minutes ago. I woke Ben up. By then, it was eleven. I told him what time it was and that was the start of one of the most hilarious freak outs I have ever seen. He started swearing and going on about how his flight is at twelve in the afternoon while desperately trying to stuff everything into his backpack as quickly as possible.

It was the very last day of his post-graduation holiday. This flight would take him all the way back to the USA where he would start life as a working adult in a few weeks time. What a great start! Got a message from him a few days later and he actually made the flight despite having to pay a very expensive cab ride to the airport. 



The rest of my day was not as eventful. I went to the outskirts of the city to check out the Teleferico, where a cable car ride takes you to the centre of a park. Nice views and probably a great place for hiking but I really could not be bothered that day. I just headed back to the centre of Madrid and spent the rest of the day taking pictures. 

For dinner I went into a random Tapas joint for dinner. Followed the waiter's recommendation and twenty minutes later this huge ass roasted lamb shank appeared on my table. Seriously good stuff. Every bite tasted like bacon marinated in more bacon. Loving life.

Comments

Popular Posts