Sin Wah @ Miri, Sarawak


My friends took me around when I visited Miri, and this is one of places they took me to. Sin Wah Restaurant serves what seems to be the 'official' snacks in town which is cucur udang and cendol. I have no idea where this place is except that it's next to a Petronas petrol station and apparently they refer to visiting this restaurant as 'going to Petronas'. True story.




I really liked the food at this place. It's very distinctively local and is something that you don't find around Kuala Lumpur. The sticky brown peanuty sauce that comes with the cucur udang is very addictive. Cendol is absolutely refreshing and Miri puts a twist to it; the cendol bits are larger and chewy, and there seem to be a more substantial use of sago.

Miri is one of culinary destinations that has so far managed to elude the mainstream media. It is a small town filled with hidden gems all over the place, which you will never find unless if a local directs you to it. Do give this place a try if you happen to be in town, and if you manage to find it.



Sin Wah Restaurant
Next to Petronas

Comments

Popular Posts