Tondo Dumpsite @Manila, Philippines

Today was a good day. Exams in the morning was brilliant, so I think. I've thought that was the case before only to be contradicted by the results but who cares. I thought it went well. The whole school is the canvas of peace and serenity because everyone else is back home for the Deepavali holidays.

Half of my day was spent in dream land. I had this dream where I was holding a camera. Get this. It was a film camera, with an SD card slot. How bizarre! At night Auntie Tuck-shop cooked us KTJ 6th Formers a Deepavali feast, something special for those who could not go home and celebrate with their families. In the spirit of 1Malaysia all of us joined in as well. Only difference is that non-Indians would help to contribute Rm 2 for the cost of food. An extremely good deal considering the spread.

Food was so worth it. Its been a while since I've had some good old home cooked food. She made a few curry dishes and briyani raisin rice which we munched down along with some traditional snacks. Those who know me well enough will know how much I appreciate good food. After dinner we all watched a few episodes of Family Guy. I've forgot how much I used to love this cartoon series. Its so random and retarded in a funny way. There will be times where you will be laughing out loud and there will be times where you will be staring at the screen waiting for subtitles to pop up because you don't understand what just happened. I liked how nice it was to have a huge bunch of people watching television together. Things always seem way more funny when you watch stuff with a big group of people. We should do this more often.

On another note, I sorta drifted back to Tondo and revisited this place in my thoughts. Its been a while since I've been to this dump site in the Philippines but somehow on occasions I would wonder how things are going on there right now and if things have changed. As usual I express things better visually so here are some snapshots.

me and the world,stanley liew,photography,philippines,manila,tondome and the world,stanley liew,photography,philippines,manila,tondome and the world,stanley liew,photography,philippines,manila,tondome and the world,stanley liew,photography,philippines,manila,tondome and the world,stanley liew,photography,philippines,manila,tondome and the world,stanley liew,photography,philippines,manila,tondome and the world,stanley liew,photography,philippines,manila,tondome and the world,stanley liew,photography,philippines,manila,tondome and the world,stanley liew,photography,philippines,manila,tondome and the world,stanley liew,photography,philippines,manila,tondo

Comments

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts