Best Cake Ever: Nadeje @ Dataran Pahlawan, Melaka

Last weekend was such a blast I can't really remember the last time I had so much fun. Freedom never tasted so sweet considering that I've been holed up in schools for the past two months for the exams. The papers went well I think, hopefully I'll do much better this time.

So to celebrate the end of the torturous month a bunch of us twenty odd people headed down to Melaka for the weekend. I was looking forward to that trip because I remember having so much good food the last time I went there with the youth group from church. Our Melakan friends (Daniel, Yi Ting and Zhiyin) gave us places to bunk at and drove us around.

One of the new things that I tried during this trip was the Mille Crepe at the Nadeje Cafe located at the top of the Dataran Pahlawan mall. The weather by the way was not very forgiving. Its amazing how people can still stand under the hot sun and not believe that global warming exists. We literally ran into the mall because everyone knows that shopping malls have this wonderful contraption called air conditioning.

mille-crepe-nadeje-melaka


Prior to my visit, I've heard so much about this cake. Even Jason Mumbles blogged about it. I had the tiramisu and it was so good! Made of many layers of crepe, this gives the cake a very unique texture and bite. Throw in layers of cream meticulously spread between every layer, you have one really good dessert.


My only reservation is the price of the cakes which are on the high side. Rm 8++ for a slice of cake, come on!  Good thing the cake tasted good so it took my mind off the price tag. I reckon this is not something you would eat every week but its worth a try. For people like me who is totally new to the concept of this cake, it will probably blow your taste buds away. Alright, maybe 'best cake ever' might be a little of a stretch but I still think its refreshing to taste something so innovative and different.

And by the way, I've started a new Facebook page for this website here. Do drop by and support if you like what you see here.



Nadeje Cafe
Dataran Pahlawan (Check the mall directory),
Melaka.

Opening Hours: 12pm to 10pm (Closed on Mondays)

Comments

  1. stanley, i would say RM8 is cheap, considering that a piece of cake cost you £2 in the uk - which is like RM10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dollar for dollar still cheaper what...but you're in London so everything is supposed to be expensive haha. It sounds like you guys are having a great time there though. And we miss you guys over here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, you should try Humble Beginnings. The original and first Mille Crepe baker, who used to work at Nadeje, left the place after some disputes and started his own HB. Hence, it's the original one, and better too. They have more flavours like peach, orea, white chocolate, peanut butter and etc. Google it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read about it on your blog! =) Yup will try it out when I get the chance too. Btw, I think mille crepe is catching on to other bakeries as well. Just the other day I say one shop selling it at Gardens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts