Le Siam @Patong Beach, Phuket

Its been a while since I've posted something about food. This post brings us back to Phuket or Patong Beach to be specific. The last time I was in Thailand with my dad we had some reasonably good Thai food in a shopping mall, Siam Paragon. (Yes, I hear your gasps of horror. "What?? Good food in a shopping mall? What rubbish!")

So because of that good experience and a short span of time in Phuket, we decided to try out a restaurant at this mall our cab dropped us at, Jungceylon Shopping Mall. Its located not far from the beach, walking distance.

Food here was nice, service was brisk. I remember that it was raining so it was a deterrent from exploring the city for food. The name of the restaurant is Le Siam and it brands itself as a Thai fine dining restaurant.

stanley liew,me and the world,le siam,phuket,patong beach,thai foodstanley liew,me and the world,le siam,phuket,patong beach,thai food 
stanley liew,me and the world,le siam,phuket,patong beach,thai foodstanley liew,me and the world,le siam,phuket,patong beach,thai food


They fit the whole fine dining bill; ambiance,service, small portions. But the menu was a dead giveaway! It felt out of place in such a nice restaurant. Food wise it was of good standards. As usual the spiciness have been tamed to suit more international customers. So perhaps those people looking for a tom yam that would blast their minds would be sorely disappointed.

I on the other hand like to TASTE my tom yam without it burning my taste buds too much for the day. For me moderation is the key. Anyway the whole spiciness thing is extremely subjective considering the different thresholds that everyone have.


stanley liew,me and the world,le siam,phuket,patong beach,thai food

Pineapple fried rice is a must order for me when visiting a Thai restaurant. I really like it and I guess its hard to go wrong with this dish because I have yet to try one that I don't like. The succulent pineapples adds a very nice sweet tropical dimension to the usual fried rice.

Joining it is the green curry dish, this time I think we went for the pork variety. I like that they used fresh peas not frozen ones. Real green peas have this bitterness that I really like and it balances out the curry nicely. Have this with the pineapple fried rice and you have an explosion of flavours in your mouth. Alright maybe that was too much but you get what I mean.

Anyway, I am hardly critical about food and am easily satisfied. It makes life easy because I can enjoy usual food and get really blown away by really good food. And there is no point writing about horrible food. Waste of time.

stanley liew,me and the world,le siam,phuket,patong beach,thai food

This is the sweet and sour fish, thai style. Very innovative because it I did not expect it to be fillet nicely and presented that way. Besides, they infused it with the Japanese style of frying stuff; tempura. Hence the fish has a nice crispy and crumbly batter that just falls apart in your mouth.

Le Siam
Thai Fine Cuisine
Jungceylon Shopping Complex:
May October: 11.00 am till 10.00 pm Everday
November April: 11.00 am till 11.00 pm Everday

Comments

  1. I  ate here within my first 2 weeks of being in Patong. The food was actually, well, fabulous. I had their curried  prawns, which were as huge as a lobster (well, a medium-sized one). I got a rice dish with jasmine and dark rice in a pagoda shape that was beautiful as well as tasty.  I did not think that the servings were all that small, but I can't eat a lot at a meal anyway. I would recommend this place and, yes, if you want things 4 Thai hot, you can just ask!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts