Updates from New York

Here I am typing away at three in the morning, planning my day activities which will start in a few hours. New York has been beyond awesome. The four day World Summit Youth Award Conference just finished so now we will have some extra time to explore the city.

It was inspiring meeting all the other WSYA winners. Their projects were really good. My only issue is their age. These people are old mature! Well 'youths' under the definition of the WSYA refers to people under the age of thirty, so the average age of people there was twenty five.

People have been asking me how New York's been so far. Let me share with you this story. Stepped out of the airport on the first day, and this guy came to offer me a ride claiming to be a legitimate cab. He then led me to a normal looking car and quoted pricing from a book and asking me if I wanted a blank cheque or a normal cheque. (I later found out what a blank cheque meant......apparently its famous for businessmen). Its lucky I insisted on him quoting his price before he put our luggage in his trunk, he wanted eighty dollars. Yeah, the very first time I stepped foot in the US, someone tries to con me. Welcome to New York!

Other than that, everything is exactly as pictures in the movies; bagels for breakfast, thin crust pizzas, and rude people. Oh, and I got lost in the subway today which explains me typing this entry right now. I came back an hour ago. Took the wrong train and ended up in Queens! I'll update more on New York when I have more time. Here's some pictures =)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

  1. i like how u've featured the streets of New York .... hope to visit NY someday

    ReplyDelete
  2. New York is synonymous with street photography! Do visit if you get the chance. New York is such an amazing city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the street shots Stanley. moremmore more please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAhaah thank you =D Yes soon....soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts