Gala Concert of Fobissea Music Festival 2009 in Manilla, Philippines

Ran into Chin Lin about two weeks ago and she told me that the DVD of our concert for FOBISSEA Music Festival 2009 in Manila, Philippines has arrived. Rushed over to Mr Carter after school to grab hold of them, I've been waiting too long for these things to arrive.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The recording quality was really good, too good in fact that it makes certain mistakes rather obvious lol. But I think its a brilliant effort just after one week of practice. The orchestra had it the hardest because 1 week is definitely not a long time to practice a barrage of songs. They had to play the choir pieces AND their own instrumental pieces. So, they had twice the workload cut out for them.

Photobucket
Mr Carter in action during the actual night. He conducted the Harry Potter piece.

It took me some time but here are some of the songs the choir sang that night.

1. Steal Away



2. Ain't Misbehavin



3. We Are the World



4. The Heavens Are Telling



5. Dry Your Tears Afrika



6. Hallelujah Chorus



Being a part of this huge choir was such an amazing experience. Standing in the middle of all that harmony is incredible! I'll definitely do it again if I get the chance. Thank you British School Manila for being such an excellent host. Thank you for feeding us so well, I really appreciate the fact that you guys fed us REALLY good food. Give me good food any day and I'll be a happy man =)

Comments

  1. hi.. i know you might not remember me anymore.. i'm so sorry for replying this superb late to what you've posted in my post back then on ping pong whereby u said ur youth love ping pong too. haha...

    anyway, yeah, finding a m'sian on xanga.. awesome!!! =) do drop by my blog again as i've been getting myself to update it more frequently.. tc and God bless..

    nice blog you have here.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me good food any day and I'll be a happy man too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts