Drowning out the noise


Recently I have been doing what I do best; biting on way much more than I can chew. Photography jobs are rolling in these days, taking up a huge chunk of my time. What's not to like? I enjoy doing it and it pays well, to the extent that working merely twice a week would earn well above the minimum wage in Malaysia. Due to that, actual work like studying have taken a back seat. I am now five weeks away from exams, barely covered half the required material and shitting my pants.

And what has happened to this space? It once used to be an outlet to channel some creative energy. Now keeping this place alive is a constant challenge and chore, not due to a lack of material but rather because I have been really spreading myself out too thin. I miss writing regularly. Call it a therapy of sorts; where I go through old photographs, connecting little dots to paint a picture of things I have experienced. It evokes past emotions be it painfully hiking Mount Kinabalu with mom or camping on the Amalfi Coast with Carl and Jordan.

Time flies. I find myself constantly rushing through life, only realising it now when I'm sitting in front of the computer writing this. The end of the year is actually approaching where I will be turning twenty one. Thinking about it is bringing on a bout of homesickness. It's an occasion I wish I could spend with people back home. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the people that I have met over the past year abroad. But there are many people out there who have been around for a huge part of those twenty one years whose presence would mean the world to me. 

Distance. Sometimes being in a separate part of the globe gives off a strong feeling of being disconnected. Everyone is doing their own thing; pursuing dreams, starting new jobs, you name it. I hate to think that everything we have built for a bigger portion of our lives would disappear just like that.

Ah, life.

Comments

Popular Posts