Front Page


I made front page! Last week was my first time on assignment taking pictures for the Journal, a student newspaper in my university. There was this protest going on called Occupy Edinburgh, which I assume is inspired by the one going on at Wall Street. Seeing your picture in print never gets old, regardless what kind of paper you're shooting for. I might just pick up a few more copies tomorrow for keepsake.

Interestingly enough the first person I took a picture of used to work as a photojournalist. She gave me some really helpful pointers in how to approach people and collect quotes. I was quite surprised to find out that I had to collect quotes because I was under the impression that all I had to do was to be a fly on the wall.


Below is the original image and some other shots I took on that day.







Comments

  1. envy!!! front cover summore! that's amazing! haiz, dun think my english can reach this level XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah its really nice having a picture on the front page. I was just taking the picture, so you don't need good english for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woa, you're already making your mark in Edinburgh in such a short time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In fact... I'm applying to Edinburgh. So far everything sounds favorable except the cold weather. :P 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts