Photographer Of The Year 2009 (Shortlisted!)

Update: Nope, I did not win the title. But still congrats to all the winners, and I'm honoured to be shortlisted in the first place. Thanks everyone for your well wished, its been really encouraging!

This happened so long ago I wondered why it never made its way to the blog, but close family and friends knew. One of my photographers actually made it into Editor's Choice in the Photographer Of The Year competition, organised by Digital Camera Magazine (DCM) UK.

Photobucket

I can still remember the day I found out. It was a random visit to the official site and I found out that the Editor's Choice/Shortlisted entries were out. So I looked through the shortlisted entries, and considering that they mentioned something about having received half a million images, I did not give much thought about getting shortlisted.

Then when scrolling and glancing quickly at pictures, I saw something familiar and almost freaked out at that moment. I got shortlisted! Hhhaha, the last time I got that feeling was when I collected my SPM results.

Here's the picture. Those who frequent this site might recognise it.


Photobucket


The link is here

Photobucket

I really thank God for this. Its such an encouragement to have your work recognised. The results for the winning images will be released this week. All the other images are really impressive as well if not amazing.

Getting shortlisted was such an honour already but I have to say that winning sounds very appealing to me =D Plus it would be an awesome birthday present. We'll find out in the next few days. Oh, and you guys should check out the other shortlisted photographs. There are some really good work there, all by people in my age group.

Popular Posts