Top of Langkawi

Well, upon arriving at Langkawi and checking in at our hotel, we embarked on our first journey immediately......shopping!!! Lol, at least for my mom anyway. After a while, the three of us (me, sis, dad) descided to go back to the hotel to....guess what....take a nap!!

When we woke up it was 5 something, and as the holiday planner I descided that all of us will be going up Gunung Raya to watch the sunset. I read about it somewhere online during my research and thought that it would be interesting.

While making our way up there I realised that its so much similar to the roads leading to Cameron Highland, which twists and turns and twists and turns and so forth. At the top, I was reliefed to find the whole place void of tourists (I think there was only one other family).

The view from the platform is breathtaking. Imagine having a whole mountain to yourself, I was just standing there taking in the view and feeling the nice breeze against my face. Thank GOd for Google!


Photobucket
This is the beautiful view from Gunung Raya and it pretty much sums up the whole place, because this is all there is up here. So for those non-nature enthusiasts it would just be like a bunch of trees.

Photobucket
My mom and dad happy that I chose a nice place to go to.

Photobucket
The sister being cheeky. She NEVER realised that part of her sunglass fell apart... =_=

Guess what we found at the top of this mountain? A VIETNAMESE restaurant. Yeah, an exotic island in Malaysia and in one of the most remote places in Langkawi, and there we found a vietnamese restaurant. (Seriously, I was like "What??")

Photobucket
I call this picture "Shades on the Table".

Photobucket
The place was pretty cool anyway, nice set up and everything.


Photobucket

Photobucket
Yup, while a stunning sunset was taking place my sister was watching her iPod. We were waiting for the food (descided to order some light snacks). I love this restautant, somehow they built it in such a way that the lighting was just perfect, so easy to take pictures!

Photobucket
Here's our snack. When we ordered spring rolls, I expected a few rolls served smack on a plate, how ever it came in all "Fine Dining" style with sauce drizzled over it. Tasted pretty good but perhaps the presentation got to my good side.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Soon, the sun was practically down so it was time to head down for dinner! Sad to say, dinner was not very impressive. Somehow after the trip I was musing over the fact that ALL the seafood restaurants in Langkawi do not serve crab at that moment. Wierd huh?? Still, I had a great time at the first and last tourist-free place in Langkawi.

Comments

  1. A vacation with food and sunsets - what could be better! Thanks for stopping by! I've been bogged down with other things and have not gotten around as much to visit my favorite bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you enjoyed your family time there.

    Lawstude's Latest Post: White Water Rafting @ Cagayan De Oro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You reach a vista of Gunung Raya that's just picture perfect! I like the lovely poses of your parents and your cute sister wearing a sunglass with one lens completely gone. funny :)

    Btw, thanks for dropping by my page and for your kind invitation.:) I've already been to Kuala Lumpur and Melaka a few years back. I enjoyed very much in Genting Highlands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the photos! You have a beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. lovely view.. wish to go there someday..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps you have a career ahead by publishing travel books with lovely photos and ideas of where to go?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Museswings, no probs! I'm one of your favourtie bloggers? So honoured! =)

    Lawstude, thanks! I did have a pleasant vacation.

    Asian Traveler, thank YOU for stopping by. Its alright, but do contact me if you ever decide to visit Malaysia okay!

    Alice Teh, terima kasih!

    Zhoe, yeah it was really nice. Do visit if you get the chance!

    Julie, hhahahaha I HAVE thought about that. Better start compiling =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts