A Simple Reminder



Hi there! I was just strolling down memory lane one night, revisiting those fun-filled and crazy video making days. So many wonderful memories of being able to just execute stuff I daydream about. Then I came across a video made from some shots I took at Tondo, Philippines. Watching it again reminded me of one of the main reasons why I want to do Medicine so badly; so much suffering and injustice. A lot has happened in the past two years and I've put in so much hard work it would be a shame if it all goes to waste. I can't afford to screw this up. For the sake of kids like the ones living impoverished lives in Tondo, I simply can't.

Lately these two things have been on my mind frequently, the coming exams and funding. One which I could work on, and the other one which I have absolutely no control of. I tell myself not to worry too much but I find myself thinking about the latter most of the time. So far no one seems remotely interested in funding international medical students. But I believe that funding will come because I believe that in areas like this where there is nothing I can do, I can trust God to provide. Not to be dramatic but if things don't work out in these two areas, in regards to my education I will have nothing. However until then I will concentrate on what I can work on which is the coming exams. Almost done with all the application topics so I'm quite happy with my progress so far this holidays. Been sick for the past few days and that set me back a slight bit since I spent most of my time lying in bed watching Grey's Anatomy. I'll have to cover much more this coming week.

Comments

Popular Posts