Me and the upcoming Malaysian Election

Election is coming up in Malaysia and the different political parties are coming up with their perks and ways to try seducing people into voting for them. Here's one of them:




Yup thats my sister with her new bike and Rm 100!!! Happy for her. Think that the politician that did that was VERY generous to give this to my sis and HUNDREDS of other straight A's scorers in the UPSR public examinations. I won't mention the name of the party that did that avoid me being bias.

Its a wonderful gesture of kindness. *Applause* But here's a question.

Why only do it this year when election is coming up?

Malaysians would notice that many "improvements" have been made all around the country. All these improvements come round only during the election period. What is this?!! They should be doing all these things ALL the time not only when election is near and do it for the sake of getting votes. HYPOCRITES- Thats what I call you.

They think perhaps that Malaysians are mindless or something like that.

"Oh, lets repair the roads few months before election and they'll be sure to vote us"

News flash. People remember what goes on during the whole 4 years. That SHOULD be the time you prove yourself. I think if politicians were to keep their words and prove themselves during the time they are in power, the world would be a better place.

Seriously! This is why politicians get such bad names. The word "politicians" spark up so many negative thoughts. What surprises me more is that they don't seem to be bothered by it. Call me an optimist but I think that the respect for the word "politician" should be at the same level someone would give to the title "doctor". Do we see that? No.

I sincerely hope for the best. Hopefully I pray that there would be at least one politician out there who is going to make a stand and say "Thats it. We need change.", someone who really loves this country and wants the best for it and ALL its citizens. Malaysia Boleh!





Technorati Tags: , , ,

Tags created with Ukion Tag Generator

Comments

  1. so have u registered to vote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The U.S. elections are coming soon, too. It's good to know elections are crazy worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, it's exactly the same thing in the Philippines or sadly, worse where vote buying is very rampant..

    on the lighter side, you've got a very intelligent sis..straight A's?! wow! Congrats to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly Shen, I'm still under the legal age to vote. So I still have to wait for a few good years till I get to cast my first vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wont interfere in another country's politics, but wish you a good selection and hope the best one for you win!

    Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish they would give us bikes come election time! especially as I am eligable to vote in 3 countries - would be able to start a bike hire firm!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts