All the way in

The outside of the shoplot house. Looks small huh :)

I’ve been to this shop which was also a house. Perhaps you all are thinking, “shop lot house” big deal! But the interesting thing about this shop/house is that it goes inwards for about 200 feet!

Most shop lot houses are double story where the house is on top but this one is a single story house which keeps going on and on. The owner was kind enough to show my family around the house but we were not allowed to take any pictures.

Most of the furniture in the house is more than 100 years old, mostly of “Peranakan” architecture. So I could imagine how much that house is worth……..A LOT. I was seriously shocked when I entered the house. Most people are only allowed in the restaurant area as it is where most public people are allowed to enter.

The delicious "Mee Siam"

As I told you the house goes on and on and on. I went through the restaurant after having a nice meal of “Mee Siam”, a delicious plate of friend noodles which they claimed to be the best in the country. After the restaurant was the kitchen. After the kitchen was a living room where someone was watching tv there. After the kitchen was the courtyard, a garden to be more precise (yes! A garden in the middle of the house, how cool is that!). After the garden is the main hall.

Layout of the house

This shop lot house is certainly unique house to visit. To visit this place do visit Malaysia and drop by Malacca, the city of history (free-advertising).

The boss was kind enough to take a picture with my family.
He's the one in orange and I'm the one in white.

Comments

  1. Yeah...it's a cool place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog made me miss Malaysia! I love the country and Malacca is one the most beautiful state in Malaysia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could visit Malacca next time..we've only been to Port Dickson. But, we'll surely visit this unique house if ever we get the chance to go there.THanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts