First video assignment



I got a job shooting video this week at a club. I have never done anything like it before, as in shoot events. The D800 is an amazing piece of machinery to work with. The low light capabilities are out of this world. I used the GoPro at certain points of the night as well but quality wasn't as good.

Also I don't have one of those professional filming lights so I duck taped an led flash light to the top of the camera. It's a little rouge but it gets the job done. The thing I found funny is that people don't seem to able to grasp the concept of what a video is. They would strike a pose, freeze and look at the camera. I would tell them that I'm shooting video they would do the exact same thing. It's a little awkward to have a bunch of ten second footage with people just staring right into the camera, not doing anything. This concept is rather new so hopefully they'll catch on as the week goes by.

Editing takes considerably more time. There's just so much footage to go through. But I do find video editing more interesting. So many other factors to take into consideration like music and timing. Who knows, I might be heading in this direction.

Comments

Popular Posts