Red Velvet Cake @ The Daily Grind, Bangsar Village

red-velvet-bangsar

I remember my very first encounter with the red velvet. It was in New York and I was walking down Lexington Avenue and there was this cart selling cupcakes. I was curious and asked the guy which one is his bestseller. Without hesitating, he said that it was the red velvet. So I had one, and it was love at first bite. Somehow, when you taste something new it will probably be the best that you've ever had. This is true in my case. All my subsequent encounters with the red velvet failed to measure up to that first experience.

We stumbled across the Daily Grind not too long ago during one of those weekend trips out of school with some friends. Their red velvet cake looked promising; the vibrant red colour of the cake and spiky icing was very eye-catching. But how did it fare taste wise?

I thought that it was a good cake. It would be unfair to compare it to a cupcake because these are two quite different things. Technically they're both cakes. But you get the point. The frosting is more cream based. I would have preferred it to have a more thicker 'icing' consistency with cream cheese. They got everything else right. The cake was moist and pleasing to the tongue. It has four tiers so it has epic height. I was quite fascinated by the spikes all over the cake. Reminds me of durian.


red-velvet-bangsar
red-velvet-bangsar
red-velvet-bangsar
red-velvet-bangsar

The Daily Grind offers a very pretty looking red velvet cake which taste alright. Its not the best I've had but that should not be a deal breaker. The other thing that I love about this restaurant is the amount of available natural lighting. Provides lots of light for photography purposes. I'll be coming back for their burgers which is what they are actually well known for. I noticed the foie gras burger on the menu and it looks good!



The Daily Grind
LG 8 Lower Ground, Bangsar Village
1 Jalan Telawi 1, Bangsar Baru 591000
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Open: Everyday 11:00am-11:00pm

Email:

Telephone: +60 3 2287 6708
Fax: +60 3 2287 6707

Comments

Popular Posts