Broken


Well, this pretty much sums up one of the most crappy week that I've ever had. Since I use this space to chronicle events that happened in my life, I thought that it'll be unfair to leave this one out. This is one of those moments where life smacks you right in the face. Literally. It happened during a squash session with some friends, and I was standing right behind him when he decided to make a really wide back swing.

Oh well, such is life. Full of surprises and unpredictability.

My dentist who on normal checkups often tease me about having to pull out all my teeth was much more serious this time round, taking a deep sigh after looking at the extent of the damage. I was presented with two options, the quick fix which is extracting the broken teeth and wear dentures or rebuilding it with root canal treatment which will take a little more time. I decided to go with the root canal treatment but this means that I have to walk around looking like this for the next five weeks or so. There's no way that I'm wearing dentures. 0__  _ 0

It's been a challenge so far adapting to this situation. As for now most of the damage is cosmetic and dealing with this part has proven to be harder than the pain itself. I find it hard not smiling because generally I smile a lot. Then there's the whole what-did-I-do-to-deserve-this period which thankfully, did not last long.

Responses have been quite interesting ranging from supportive and encouraging to those who just think that it's funny. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I'm stuck this way for the next few weeks so I'll just have to take it all in good stride.

Heck, I might just go to prom dressed as a pirate.

Comments

  1. don't worry, stanley :)June 5, 2011 at 5:28 PM

    stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Really appreciate it =) Its been rather interesting adapting to this new lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts