KTJ Crossing Woodstock

Today we had our first Saturday night event at the auditorium and it was amazing! Its save to say that the millions spent on the sound system is worth it. Tonight's concert is a fund raising concert organised by the world changing Global Debates team. I thought they did a brilliant job organising this event.

They even got a local act "Pesawat" to close the show. Everyone went wild, ran to the front of the stage, and started jumping. Our home acts were really good as well especially the one by Daniel, Agu, and Saiful singing Halleluyah and Rihanna's Love the Way You Lie. Agu can rap! Talk about embracing your culture.

"Tuckshop Auntie" was also selling some stuff outside the hall. She made this finger food thing that looks like a nugget made of scallops and cheese. So good! Never tasted anything like that before. I really do enjoy the food she cooks. I can still recall the other time when she cooked us a feast during Deepavali, when a bunch of us had to stay back because of exams. She charged us only two ringgit. Then the other day at the bazaar she sold these rice with minced meat and oxtail soup. So good! I really appreciate her adding variety to our usual culinary regiment in KTJ. Food at the cafeteria is good but it tends to get repetitive after a while.

On a random note, I can't seem to be able to force myself to attend breakfast even on nasi lemak mornings! This first week have been hectic. There's this whole juggling of tasks between maths exams, interview preparations, meeting new students, the prefectorial board, and cross country. Most days I'll slump on my bed at two in the morning totally drained of energy and wake up six hours later to repeat the whole process again. But its great to be back in KTJ. I do have to admit that I kinda miss this hectic environment. I think the stress is giving me a sort of adrenaline rush. Yeah you heard me. High on stress.


I'm feeling very optimistic for 2011 though because its been good so far. I got a new room! We're really packed this term so I got bumped downstairs to the sick bay which is twice the size of my own room. Interesting features includes a sink (yes! Don't have to walk all the way to the toilet to brush my teeth anymore), painting by the side of my bed, a huge closet and wait for it, air conditioning! I've not use it very often though because for the past week the fan is strong enough to make me shiver.

One week here feels like forever already. But not in any way am I implying that I'm not enjoying myself. Time just seems to have a mind of its own here in KTJ. This reminds me, I have a medical interview this Wednesday for the University of Liverpool. Excited!

Comments

Popular Posts