Let Freedom Ring!






Here we are on this historic day, 51 years after Malaysia gained independence. As you are reading this post right now, very high chances that the parade is going on down the streets of Kuala Lumpur!

Photobucket

This is the flagpole at Dataran Merdeka. Its HUGE. It might not look that big in this picture because there's nothing to compare it with but trust me, its big.

Photobucket

Remember yesterday's palm trees? Here's a closer shot at one of them.

Photobucket

Its a little abstract but this is the wood frame for the benches at Dataran Merdeka under construction. Its right next to the road I'll assume that these are VIP seats or used for performing purposes.

It does bring back some childhood memory. My family would normally wake up as early as 6 to watch the annual parade.

Photobucket

THIS is Dataran Merdeka. The direct translation is Freedom Square. Thats the flagpole at the end there. Its hard to believe that so much has happened on this field in the past 51 years.

Photobucket

Take a good look at the grass. Its HISTORICAL grass!!!

This feature has finally come to an end. I hope that you guys have got a nice glimpse of Malaysia, hopefully enough for to tempt you to pay it a visit =)

I tell you....there is SO much more to Malaysia. These 8 days alone are not enough to actually summarize what Malaysia is all about. Perhaps next time I would like to do a feature concentrating more on people! It might be slightly hard though.

During my trip I did realize that Malaysians are AFRAID to be photographed. Perhaps its just the inner celebrity in everyone who wants to feel what it is like to evade paparazzi.

To be honest Malaysia has a lot to improve but on the other hand Malaysia has come a long way. Personally I think the recent political stress on Malaysia actually showed how much we Malaysians love our country. People are voicing out their opinions for the good of the country.

Photobucket

I love Malaysia =)

Comments

  1. i really hope that i'll be able to visit malaysia. here in the philippines malaysia is popular because of mt kinabalu and kuala lumpur.

    really really good shot here stanley. i hope that you get to visit the philippines too. we'll be glad to tour you around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've heard of Mount Kinabalu? Cool! I'm planning on climbing it one day =) Somewhere in the next two years.

    I'll definitely visit Philippines in the future. I've heard so much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I visit your blog I feel like I'm seeing a bit of your culture and environment. It's so much fun! Someday...someday... We'll need to see it for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Such a beautiful blog here! Thanks so much for bringing your beautiful country here in the net in your own great way! Shame on me that I haven't been to your country! But I'm still 18, I hope I can go there one time! I hope you do like my country as well! No doubt about the news that my friend told me about Malaysia being the number 1 in Asian tourism these days!

    I really hope I could go there before I die! Love your blog! I guess I'll be frequenting here! Malaysia is truly Asia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay, thanks so much! This is one the reasons I started this blog. Its nice to share about your culture and also learn about others at the same time =)

    Steven, do come! I would be more than glad to show you around. And I've heard SO much about the Philippines from all the blogs I've read. Seriously, SO many of you people blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy national day to you. Great sets of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes. mt kinabalu is very popular here in the philippines. many climbers really aim to climb that mountain.

    i hope that you get to visit the philippines sooner. hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has been an excellent look at your country. That is one big flag pole and I assume it must operate automatically as I don't see how they could get the flag up past the platform around the pole.

    Thanks too for your visits and comments on my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your 8 days of Malaysia posts! Wonderful photos, interesting bits of information and now I know 100% more about your beautiful country than I did 8 days ago! Thanks!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why you love it! It is beautiful and has so many unique features. By the way, my dsil is from the Philippines. My brother has visited there many times. It too is a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy national day to you and all the citizens of Malaysia!

    I really loved to read this post - you've all the reason to be proud of your country.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi,
    first time reading ure blog and it was AMAZING!..esp the merdeka post..
    very nice picture btw..

    keep it up!..and happy merdeka!..^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Dong, ahahahah I will visit the Philipines. Just that now I'm tied down by school and I havent started earning money yet! Hahaha....

    Abraham Lincoln, I bet its automatic. Imagine lifting up a flag that huge..... =)

    Museswings, thanks so much. Glad that you got to know a little about Malaysia. Do visit some day!

    Julie, the best part about Malaysia is the food. Its hard to keep track of your weight here =)

    RennyBa, thanks for stopping by again. Glad you enjoyed it!

    Muhammad Nazeef, thanks dude- for stopping by and the nice compliment. Happy Merdeka to you to =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed a few days and came to catch up!~

    I absolutely positively love the photo depiction you did! It brought me a bit closer to somewhere I've never been!

    It's beautiful and your eye for photos is perfect! :) Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zyriana, thanks for your compliment! I really appreciate people coming here with so much encouraging words. Do visit Malaysia if you ever get the opportunity!

    Selerines, thanks dude!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Malaysia too, Stanley. People need to give her the due respect and I'm so glad you're one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for dropping by Alice. Hoping the best for our country =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy national day to you. Great sets of photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts