Candid China (Randomness-ess)






Hello! Welcome back =) This batch consists on more random shots that I took in China, I mean REALLY random. So random that I never really thought about composing the shots properly so it might be slightly blurry or over exposed. To me thats the beauty of photography, you never know when a picture will turn out to be surprisingly interesting.

DSC_0131

This guy here is selling roasted potatoes(the large orange type). Really unique because that big barrel is filled with charcoal and the the potatoes are cooked on the lid!

He noticed me snapping pictures of me and gave me that blur/confused/constipated expression. Feeling bad, I actually bought a potato from him later on. It only cost around Rmb 2 which is Rm1.

DSC_0235

I think I accidentally took this pictures. I was holding this camera up so that people will not knock it over so I guess I might have snapped it then. There are MANY tourists who go to China. You should see the loads of tour buses that stopped there (Forbidden City).

Interesting fact: The red wall are actually painted with paint made from pig's blood. So technically it is non-halal....

DSC_1203

Looking at these two ladies actually reminded me of Malaysian "satay" or "lok lok". This shot was taken in Haarbin and the temperature was well below -15 degress so I guess the heat from that pot must've been comforting for the locals.

DSC_0294

I know, I know....overexposed. Just want to shot you this girl here at work. She has to paint the insides of these glass globes. Her brush was DAMN small, and watching her do her work was interesting enough. Not only was it detailed, it was fast too. She finished one globe in less than 10 minutes. Hmpph.....China people...

DSC_0442

Another random shot. A cute pictures of my dad fooling around =)

DSC_0981

Hhahaha....I torture my sister all the time to "model" for me. This was a planned shot out of a random thought. The bike was really interesting (its a CHINA bike) and I just asked my sister to squat next to it.

Comments

  1. another amazing captures stanley and great info too.

    have a nice day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo of street scene. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aliceg for dropping by, REALLY appreciate it =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo Stanley....thank you for visiting my blog today I really appreciate it and so cool here :)

    I was in Beijing last August and love it. I think your Dad is really cool to have that sense of humour Stanley :D

    Hey...I'll be back and High Five, we don't like Lizzy kekkkeekek....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stanley....

    thanks for your comment in my family blog...if you like that photo, you will love my photo blog...stop by when you get the chance...

    I really enjoyed browsing your blog, and you have some very fine photos...I will make regular stops if you don't mind...

    cheers,
    Scotty

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Shionge: THanks so much for visiting my blog. And yeah! Beijing is a wonderful place =) Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scotty, Hei there! Thanks for dropping by! I WILL check out your photoblog (can't wait...didn't knew you had one previously).

    About your regular stops here....erm...GO AHEAD...ahhaaha..I would love to see you here again. CHeers =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats a lovely set of photos!!!
    loved the first one!

    thanks for your nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again: great to see China through your eyes - great pics, never seen a Chinese bike before either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun place to be!!
    very nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lots for visiting Freddy, RennyBa and Luke. I really appreciate you guys dropping by my blog =)

    And I'm glad you liked the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic array of food and life on the street
    i feel hungry already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks MEDITERRANEAN KIWI for dropping by, I really appreciate it. Glad that you enjoyed yourself and had a great time =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. As I look though this series, I got the feeling of learning about the people of China from the shots. They are everyday shots but have a deeper sense of reality hidden in them as a series. Great job. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hei "For the people", thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and read my posts. I'm really glad that you've got the feel of China. Good day to you to! You just made mine =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos, especially that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a very interesting blog..amazing photos, & great information! I enjoyed visiting you in your world..and will visit again! :D
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S.
    I enjoyed the shot of your Dad having fun..:) and of your sister and the bike!! :)
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent pics, I would of bought a potatoe also. I am still mesomorize with the shot. The roof tops with the classic Chinese architecture is extremely intriguing!

    As an American who has never been to China, I associate this work with well keep historical sites than just tooling around the neighborhood.

    Thanks for saving my ignorance!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great shots, Stanley. It must have been a tremendous visit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. TO mike: Thanks for dropping by! Its a pleasure to see you here.

    To catherine: I feel really glad that you've had such a great time viewing the pictures. Its nice to see all you people being so encouraging!

    To Threio: Thanks! Really happy that you've enjoyed your visit. Hahahaha....who know these pictures could've led you down the path of enlightenment!

    To Dave Coultar: Yes, it was one HECK of a holiday. Two weeks of blissful fun! You should visit China one day too =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are an awesome photographer. thanks for sharing those photos. was supposed to visit harbin last year from shanghai but it didn't push through. any chance of resizing your photos so they don't take forever to load? great blogsite.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cathy, what a waste =( You should have went to Harbin. If you ever go there try the dumplings, its delicious!! HAhahaha.....and I personally think that it is more scenic (go during the peak winter time....like beginning/middle of december). Harbin is very famous for its ice sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cathy, and sorry about the picture size. I'll work on it to give you all the "optimum" load time =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The first shot: They are actually sweet potatoes. Language teacher claimed it's good for health, but I wouldn't touch the charred potato skins, carcinogenic.

    We have those peddlers all the time in Kunming (and other Chinese cities too). I guess it's a cheap way to make a living and keep warm outdoors at the same time!! However the coal they use are not good... too much pollution.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The first shot: They are actually sweet potatoes. Language teacher claimed it's good for health, but I wouldn't touch the charred potato skins, carcinogenic.

    We have those peddlers all the time in Kunming (and other Chinese cities too). I guess it's a cheap way to make a living and keep warm outdoors at the same time!! However the coal they use are not good... too much pollution.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts