Trattoria le Mossacce Restaurant, Florence






I remember attempting to visit this restaurant several times during my visit to Florence. The first attempt, it was shut. The second, I was too early but waited anyway till they opened. This little place is tucked away in a quiet alley. They don't have much space so you will have to share your table with the other patrons to maximise the space. It reminds me of coffee shops back in Malaysia. 



We (Carl, Jordan and I the Eurotrip buddies) had some spaghetti and shared a nice huge slab of Florentine Steak. This is one of the specialties of the region, a glorious 1.5 kg of meat. I watched in awe as one of the other customers sitting next to us finished his all on his own. 

I would describe this place as a communal, no fuss eating place. Sort of like the fast food restaurant of the days of old except that you get served quality food and non of that heart attack inducing food we get nowadays from the golden arches.  The food is simple fare served up well. The steak wasn't as good as the one we had in Tuscany but it was still pretty darn delicious.



Trattoria le Mossaceee
Via del Proconsolo, 55/r, Florence, Italy

Comments

Popular Posts