Edinburgh at night


On my last birthday some of my friends got me this night photography course. I did have quite a but of fun despite the class being meant for people who are just starting out with photography. They were all very keen with their huge tripods, which made me feel slightly inadequate. I've never been a fan of tripods because I find it too impractical to assemble and dissemble. But that was what I did when starting out so I guess everyone goes through the 'tripod' phase.

In the end, I actually spent most of my time chatting with the guy running the course, who studied photography and being in the business for more than twenty year he has quite a few stories to tell. He once met Steve McCurry, which I thought was such an incredible opportunity. The Afghan Girl is probably the most recognisable photograph in the world.




Comments

Popular Posts