Amore Dogs @ Hanover Street, Edinburgh

amore-dogs-edinburgh
amore-dogs-edinburgh
amore-dogs-edinburgh

A few friends visited Edinburgh a few weeks ago. We hardly get visitors up here being outside the bubble which is London where the whole world seem to revolve around. I like having visitors because these are the rare occasions when I allow myself to splurge on eating outside and take the chance to try out those restaurants I've walked by many times.

Amore Dogs in my opinion strips down their food to the bare necessities. Everything is ordered separately, that means your main and sides do not come under one price. Definitely cost saving as you won't have to pay for the salad that you are not going to touch. On the other hand you might end up with nothing but a burger in front of you. No fries. *gasps*



amore-dogs-edinburgh
amore-dogs-edinburgh
amore-dogs-edinburgh
amore-dogs-edinburgh
amore-dogs-edinburgh
amore-dogs-edinburgh
amore-dogs-edinburgh

The food itself was pretty good. Qi Hui ordered the salmon and it was divine; juicy and bursting with flavours. According to the guys, their burgers were decent. Rule of thumb is that I hardly order burgers when eating out. How different can it be? I had the pizza. Good stuff. It was of the thin crispy sort which I tend to favour.

Amore Dogs is a reminiscence of the type of restaurants I usually frequent back home. I would have had the chance to indulge a little more in their menu if not for my tight student budget and crazy exchange rate. The value they offer for the price you're paying is really good. You are paying the same amount as you would at a chippy after a night out, albeit with a slightly smaller portion. I still felt hungry after lunch. But you can usually solve that problem by ordering more.




Amore Dogs
104 Hanover Street
Edinburgh EH2 1DR




Comments

Popular Posts