Local Market + Updates on life


Its about time March came around. Because March = medical universities start replying us regarding the status of our application. Its definitely been a long wait for us medic applicants. Sixth months and no reply can take a toll on you psychologically. I have to consciously reminding myself all the time that medicine offers only come out in March. Plus after my application to UCL was unsuccessful, I started to freak out a little. Not even an interview!

There's this other thing about not having offers. You don't really have anything to work towards. Occasionally I get these little voices in my head whispering that all this hard work would not matter if I don't get into a university. Then there's the whole dilemma where you started questioning your capabilities. Am I good enough to be a doctor? Or even think that based on the circumstances it looks like the world is doing everything it can to stop you from becoming a doctor.

Its frightening thinking about the possibilities of not getting into a medical course. I just can't picture myself doing anything else. Yes I do love photography but its something that I would like to keep as a hobby. 

Well last Saturday, I got a notification from UCAS and I received a conditional offer from the University of Edinburgh! Really thank God for this. Its good to be reminded that God is always in control. Now I need to work towards achieving the conditions which is three A's including Chemistry. Haha, I just had this sudden flash where I saw myself standing in the operating theater.

Right now my other concern is the pending applications of my other friends. I know how it feels to see your dreams slipping out of your grip as that feeling of hopelessness sets in. Its still too fresh to forget and things like that can change a person. But on the other hand, God is an expert in hopeless situation and is more than capable at turning it around. I could relate personally to that very fact having being in such situations before. Sometimes I just feel that I'm in no place to tell people that everything will be alright because I have no control at all in the outcome of the situation. But we still do it to encourage and what is life without a little faith? Believing in things that you can not see.

There's this poem by WB Yeats that struck a chord with me.

HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet,
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams


I was just thinking about this the other day; hopes and dreams. I've decided that I will do what I can in placing people in the best position to achieve their dreams. This will be part of my life's mission.

God is good. And oh, I need one million ringgit. Anyone?

Comments

  1. Congrats on the offers :) All the best in achieving the conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the offer stan! and great photos as always =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Syahirah. Now its on to hitting the book =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Yeah working working working. And just realised after such a long time that I've forgot to reply messages on this space. =(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts