Hard Rock Cafe in Makati, Philippines (Music Fobissea 2009)

We went here on our first night in the Philippines. Its was my first time visiting a Hard Rock Cafe after hearing so much about it. Really cool place and I like the concept though the merchandise is really expensive. Buy two t-shirts rid my wallet of all the pesos I had.

The hosting school, the British School Manilla (BSM) put up a mini concert thing for us. There were some memorable performances. The vibe was hyper! Especially with everyone being so supportive, screaming before and after every performance. Imagine a 100+ choir with almost half of them being sopranos. Now imagine all of them screaming 0__0


In front of that famous logo.





I think we filled up the whole place that night. The place was buzzing with activity and teenagers chatting happily among themselves. Food was good and there was free flow of drinks. Everyone was very eager to get the whole music festival started.

Oh yeah, drinks......the thing I noticed while in the Philippines is that we were served iced tea EVERYWHERE! Breakfast-ice tea, lunch-ice tea, lol we even had ice tea for tea. Every single meal we had ice tea for drinks. Perhaps this must be a Philippino thing.












A little of what Fobissea Music 2009 is all about. It brought about 16 schools together, musicians and singers. The orchestra and choir have their repertoir, so we practice our stuff for the 5 days and finally perform it on Sunday night in front of a large audience.

Choir repertoire was Ain't Misbehavin, Dry Your Tears Africa, The Heavens are Telling, We Are the World, and the Halleluyah Chorus.

More coming about the Philippines and next stuff about Singapore. Still have loads of stuff to put up here. And the holidays are coming in two weeks and I am really looking forward to it. I miss home so much, haven't been back there lately.

*sigh*

I want to sink back into my normal comfortable routine, heading to the Mamak coffee shop on a Saturday and enjoy a roti canai. Really miss those little things I have while at home. I'm counting down the days!

Popular Posts