The Loaf, Langkawi

Read loads of good reviews bout' this restaurant so my family descided to visit it for lunch. This restaurant is owned by our ex-prime minister (I think) or his personal chef. He has an affection for japanese bread (Yes! The Loaf is a Japanese concept bakery).

Located at the pictureque Telaga Harbour Park, my family has been itching to go back after having such a good time during our last visit years ago.

Photobucket
Here is the quaint little entrance to 'the Loaf'. Its located opposite the harbour so you can actually see million dollar yachts parked right outside this restaurant. The whole area is pretty quiet anyway so its a great place to excape from all the tourists.

Photobucket
The family at our table.

Funny story. There was this new waiter (I assume from the service) who kept messing up. I felt really sorry for him. I asked for a reccomendation and he pointed out the most expensive item on the menu =_= Later he dropped a whole stack of plates near our table. Luckily so one got hurt. Dad was also complaining when he got our drink orders wrong.

Photobucket
Here is dad picking up some bread to eat. He visits the Pavillion branch (in Kuala Lumpur) frequently to get bread. And its not ANY bread. He particlarly buy the one with the cheese and nuts stuffed into it.

Photobucket
I really like the place because with all its open windows, it was very well lit so it was easy to take pictures.

Photobucket
French bread....(ironic huh.....)

Photobucket
Their special cup cheesecakes. Sadly we did not get to try this because we were so full by the end of our meal.

Here are more pictures of the bread and pastries....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket
This chocolate crossaint is heavenly! Probably the awesomest invention in the little pastry world that I know of. I already love crossaints as they are but with the added chocolate, which is my favourite snack ever (with much regret for my waistlin), it becomes an excellent combo.

Photobucket
The maple pudding was alright. I was seriously stuffed when I ate this so perhaps that took away it goodness. Still I prefer the maple puddings they sell in the Colleseum which has a more firm texture.

That was desert, now lets go back to the main course!



Photobucket
Mom ordered this salad. LOVE the presentation. I was holding everyone up by snapping photos of this fine salad. Tasted good too! Its called the 'Seafood Salad'. (perhaps there was some other fancy name, but it is what it is, which is Seafood Salad)

Photobucket
I ordered the mushroom soup. One of the best mushroom soups I've ever tasted. The best is the one cooked by a friend from church who derived his recipe from experience working at Fridays as a chef. This one has more of a wild mushroom taste to it and taste far better than the Campbell c**p.

Photobucket
Sophia, the sister ordered spaghetti as usual (she's REALLY into pasta so she orders it whenever we go to a western restaurant). The Fettucini Carbonara was pretty good. I like the presentation. Well, its hard to go wrong with something as basic as carbonara.

Photobucket
Finally, this is what I ordered, Sautee Prawn Burger. REALLY goood.........the bread soaked up a little of the sauce so it got the flavours going. I attempted eating it fast food style but it was too thick. So I had to use fork and spoon =_= Lol, its my first time eating a burger with a firk and spoon. Its a little tedious but anyhows the food still taste great.

So do visit 'the Loaf' if you ever get the chance to okay!

The Loaf is open:
Monday ~ Sunday except Thursay
8:00am ~ 11:00pm

Address:
LOT NO. C9 PERDANA QUAY
TELAGA HARBOUR PARK
PANTAI KOK 07000, LANGKAWI, MALAYSIA
TEL: +604-959-4866
FAX: +604-959-4803

Comments

  1. Oh Stanley, there is always room for cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah, expensive oh! U r really blessed with a generous dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...nice place to go....
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stanley, I tried viewing this post many times but then, I only got 'x' for all the photos... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I really wanted too. But I was REALLY full... =( The maple pudding was already pushing it. Hopefully I would get a taste of it next time.

    Gillian, yeah I'm really blessed to have such a awesome dad! xP

    Rajesh, yup it was =) Nice day to you too!

    Alice Teh, ?? Why?? Alright, I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts