Me and Literature

I wrote this essay for a class assignment. Its supposed to be a horror story but ended up lamer than intended thanks to me.....but every did put in a fair share or ideas.

I think that this is one of my....I mean our best work so far considering the time limit I was given. I did the second half of the story. Ignore the mushy love part...wanted something spicy in the story...passion and of course a fair share of cliches. Its not Shakespeare. It more of a fun relaxed sort of thing. Do read it, I promise that you will be entertained. Here it goes......

A lover's revenge

“The clock struck a loud noise, and at the same time, the lights went out. I looked to my left, out the window. There was a storm raging outside. The wind was blowing through the hinges of the door. I could hear the pitter patter sound of rain falling on the roof and water dripping through the cracks of the ceiling.

Then, a bolt of lightning flashed by. The window lit up and I saw HER. She was standing right there, looking through the window at me. Her eyes bore through my soul. How could this be?! She can’t be alive! Another bolt of lightning flashed by and I saw the axe in her head. It was the same axe that I used to kill her ten years ago. The lightning flashed once more and she disappeared.

Beads of sweat started to form on my forehead, my heart raced and my body trembled with fear. My mind could not fathom the possibility of the situation. Life flashed before my very eyes.

That is when the horrors began.

Blood started flowing from the wall, it was gushing down like Niagra Falls. It was flooding my house. Then, a mouth the size of a whiteboard popped out from the wall, bloodied by the constant from of blood. I wanted to run away but my feet would not move. I looked down and saw a chain around my legs. I was trapped.

Then the mouth started to laugh, a laugh unheard of. So low and horrifying hearing it alone made me want to do something crazy. That was when it spoke directly to me.

“Missed me?”

The big mouth disappeared, and I was left in suspense once more. The blood was already at my chest level. Her voice rang out again from nowhere, vent with anger.

“Feel the blood that you spilled on the ground!”

“Feel my blood on your hands!”

“Feel the blood that flows from my head the very day you struck it with an axe!”

The blood right in front of me started to froth and she emerged from the water head first, with the axe still stuck to her head. I could see the vengeance in her eyes. I do not blame her. I was young and stupid then. She, Veronica Strip was my first relationship. We had too much fun together and she ended up pregnant. I killed her one day, in panic and confusion. It was an action that I will regret for the rest of my life.

I wish I could turn back the clock. Tears started to flow down my eyes and I wailed in regret. The past has come back to haunt me. I could not do anything now. So, I said a prayer and shut my eyes, awaiting death.

Nothing happened.

I opened my eyes and say Veronica looking right at me. She looked stunning in that dress I killed her in. there was a solemn glow in her eyes, so full of sadness. I noticed that the blood was slowly turning clear as my tears drop into the blood. It was a reaction that no one could make sense of. Life at that point was at a standstill.

Soon enough the whole house was lit up by the clear water that was radiating light to every corner of the house. It was a glorious moment. Above all else, love had prevailed. This is a sweet moment of reconciliation between two lovers.

We were no longer standing in my house. We were standing on a sunflower field which was in full blossom. I looked at her standing at the other end of the field. She was now in a low-cut white dress and the wind was blowing her hair now that the axe was no longer there. She smiled at me, a smile of forgiveness and of happiness.

Nothing else in this world matters. We ran towards each other and jumped into the embrace in which we used to shared a long time ago. The joy of that moment was marvelous. We made love right there under the shining sun, entangled in a lover’s embrace.

All good things must come to an end. Veronica could not stay in this world any longer. Her spirit had made peace and must cross over to the other side. Everything started to fade as my house materialized. I caught one last glimpse at my dear Veronica before she was totally gone.

My house was in the same condition as it was before. I was delighted at the thought that my sins have been resolved. Nothing in this world could stop me now. I promised to be more positive in my perspective in life. Besides that, I will be a saint and bring about world peace…….

That’s when I tripped on the stairs and died.


Comments

  1. Wao wao...am I seeing the "next Stephen King" here??Your story seems to be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. There is no other way to think than positively. Smart people do not procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry: bjoCk. We are a bit dysxelic.

    Best for the future, Stan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts