Mount Kinabalu: Highest Peak in Borneo


Let's begin with adventures from last summer. Yes, I mean 2012. I am so behind with blogging it is ridiculous. Anyway, I have wanted to climb Mount Kinabalu for a very long time and finally got to do it. Best part was that I got to do it with my mom. She was such good company. I have just run a half marathon that summer and she was keeping up with me. We made it up in less that 6 hours. It was nice having some bonding time with my mom.

The view from the peak is amazing. We got to see the sun rising in the horizon. The weather was clear that day and visibility was really good. On hindsight, climbing with the D800 in my backpack wasn't my most brilliant idea. I tend to underestimate how heavy that clunky piece of equipment can be. The things I'll do for a photograph. 

I found it interesting observing how the landscape changes as you climb higher. The trees start getting shorted and weirder, which is good in a way. You don't have anything obstructing the view from the top. 








































Comments

Popular Posts