KTJ Mid-Autumn Festival

Lol my dad was correcting me when I referred to the "Mid-Autumn Festival" as the "Mooncake Festival", the term that I have been using my entire life. He was going like 'Stanley, its MID-AUTUMN FESTIVAL.....'

Its been a LONG time since I last held a lantern. Most of my mooncake festivals just past like that, perhaps I'll eat a mooncake or two (my aunt make these mind-blasting chendol jelly mooncakes).



Lanterns were provided on that night, awesome right! None of that oh-its-a-festival-lets-rip-people-off-by-charging-people-ridiculous-price-for-otherwise-cheap-stuff. I actually had that little tingly feeling looking at the lanterns. Its brings back loads of childhood memories.

Way back (Gosh I sound like an old man reminiscing his childhood) then when I was living in Subang Jaya every year there would be this big gathering thing where everyone living in Subang Jaya would go to that MPSJ field opposite Taipan and light lanterns. There were SO many lanterns around and people were lighting candles all over the places.

I can't recall much detail about the event but I remember having loads of fun. Being a Subang kid is not easy ok! There is thing where kids have pressure of doing really well in school, or it could just be me lol.




The pictures I took that night were pretty awesome too. Used the 1.4 lens and shot without flash. Hhaha people thought I was crazy to do that. Good thing the D90 can go up to ISO 1600 =D Discovering the manual white balance function recently was revolutionary for me. Now I have control on how 'yellow' my pictures look.
















Just to sum it up, it was really fun after a crazy week at school. Hmm, I won't say that I'm at that 'stessed' point YET but still its nice to just chill with your friends and camwhore. School isn't ALL about studying for those alphabets. Till next time =D

*Oh yeah, really sorry for not shooting up posts as usual. Internet here is really crappy. Can't blame the school though. We have a few hundred students using the lines at the same time. And there's the stuff that holds a higher priority than blogging....haih, perhaps I'll try pre-posting for a whole year or something like that, lol!

Popular Posts