Its a Beautiful Day

I woke up at 7.30, early for my standards. Went back to sleep again till' 10 something. Woke up, sat on the bed, then it dawned upon me that this is THE day.

Results were released at 11 am, I left the house at 11.20 am cause' I wanted to spare myself the agony of waiting. I wanted it to be more like a McDonald's drive-thru where you just stop pickup and go!

The sky was bright blue, and the clouds looked as if they were cotton candy floating in the sky. Lol, no I'm not superstitious, I just think that its a good sign. With the weather going crazy lately, it was really nice to have really good weather.

Then, I dropped in Facebook to read the final words of encouragements from friends all over. Thanks guys! Your encouragement have been really encouraging.

Photobucket

I did not realise how nervous I was until I sat in the car. Heart pumping, pulse pulsalating, head throbbing....it was as it I was watching a thriller, with my hands gripping tightly to the seats. My mom calmed me down, reassuring me that I have done all that I can and that there is nothing else that I can do.

20 minutes late, I arrived at school.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a good vibe going on. I did not see anyone crying (perhaps I missed is, I was 1 hour late) and most people were busy congratulating other people and catching up. Spotted my class teacher and walked to him, he was talking to another student, so I waited. Finally he looked at me and smile, handing me my slip.

"Stanley, you got all A's except for Bible Knowledge (its one of the subjects)."

My mouth literally dropped open and I went, "What???" . I did hope for reasonable results but what I got was way beyond what I could have imagined.

Photobucket

6A1's 5A2's and 1B4.

For your information Sejarah and Additional Mathematics were like my kryptonite subjects. I normally get marks in the 50-60 range so this was a huge miracle for me. This really shows how much God has played a part in all of this.

I can savely give it all to God and say that it was all him. During my trials, I got a few A's and mostly C's, and that has been weighing down on me ever since. I've been applying for scholarships with the trial results and nothing has went well so far. Hence, I really thought that I would be done for if the actual results would mirror the forecast.

All I can say now is that the toil and hardships have been worth it. You just need really good motivation like, my generous dad who promised to match every A I get with a thousand ringgit. xP

Photobucket

Later, mom treated me to lunch. Also had Starbucks to celebrate. Hei, Starbucks expensive ok! Congratulations to all SPM students who have achieved good results. To those who did not get what they expected, I don't think that I can say anything that could change your mood. You've probably tried your best and gave your all, so applaud yourself for finishing well.

Comments

  1. fuh! 1K per A? *drools*
    congrats on your outstanding results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1K for an A1?!!!!! Ex-cuuuuuusssseeeee me! I didn't get 1K for my A1s!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, thanks! HAhahah....yeah =) Thinking about how to spend it now xP

    Gillian, erm....actually its for A, not A1 =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to help me pay off my credit card debt? :)

    Good job, kiddo. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Stanley! You did GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice, THANK YOU!!! HAAHhah, thanks for all your support too =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey man.. congrats =). Spend your money well, and don't worry... I'm not mad about your BK results =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Stanley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ken Jon, thanks! HAaha, I'm not gonna burn all the 11k =) Thanks for being so understanding, ur an awesome teacher nontheless.

    Windwalker, thankyou! Also thanks for all you support =)

    Nickerson Woo, ahahahah thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Stanley!! I knew you would make the grade. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Stanley!! I knew you would make the grade. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts