Florence

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


To be honest I wasn't too crazy about main town Florence. Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful and all that but not something I felt like I could properly enjoy as a student. 50 a day Stanley, 50 a day. That's what I keep reminding myself everyday.

Florence feels very...affluent. You have street performers singing operatic pieces possibly indicating the clientèle they are trying to appeal to.  However somewhere along our journey through Europe we were lucky enough to be able to experience this particular lifestyle for a bit. More on that later. For now here's a bunch of photographs from walking around town.

And just to thrown in a random thought. Personally, the best thing about Florence is their T-bone steak or more well known as bistecca florentina. The minimum weight is 1.5 kg! Because the steak is so thick it is pretty much served raw. That is obviously an exaggeration but what I meant that it's impossible to fully cook the innermost layers without over cooking the outer part. The final product is a lump of tender heavenly goodness on  your plate. Florence is where I fell in love with steak. True story.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts