Ubud @ Bali, Indonesia

Update(June 30): I would be away helping out at a children's camp till Friday. So I won't be blog hopping in the next few days. So don't be anxious if I don't reciprocate your visit =D


Next morning we headed to Ubud, took a slightly long journey. It wasn't super long but I don't remember it being short either. But still I was pumped up for the second day of Bali-awesomeness!


ubud-bali-indonesia-photography
There were people selling newspaper outside the van on the streets. Guess what? They even have Star Newspaper! Thought of buying but the tour guide told me that is costs Rm15. (?!!) Rip off....



ubud-bali-indonesia-photography
Arrived at Ubud Town, and started walking. There is this whole stretch of shops where you can just spend your whole day walking through. We had an hour.....



ubud-bali-indonesia-photography
Scene on the streets...



ubud-bali-indonesia-photography
Isn't this awesome? Why didn't Malaysians ever thought about this? Donuts on motorcycles! Bought a doughnut for 2000 rupiahs I think which sums up to less than 1 ringgit. Not Big Apple quality but you can expect something around Dunkin Donuts.



ubud-bali-indonesia-photography
A little narcissism is good for the soul =)



ubud-bali-indonesia-photography
Ken Jon and Ovira posing. Imagine this whole stretch of beautiful shops.



ubud-bali-indonesia-photography
One of the souvenirs sold at one of the shops. Pretty colours caught my eye =D



ubud-bali-indonesia-photography
These are some kind of traditional Bali instrument which I don't know the name of. Can't believe that I did not even thought about asking. Bought one for less than Rm 10 ! It has a very hollow and enchanting tune. Sounds something like THE Bali tunes.

Ubud is a nice place to just get lost around. I don't think its a great place to shop but I think the ladies will definitely have fun browsing through.

But there's this one amazing treasure at Ubud town which you absolutely MUST visit if you ever go to Ubud. Won't tell you what it is but it is going to be....(wait for it...wait for it.....) LEGENDARY!!!(Those who watch 'How I Met Your Mother' would get my drift). I think that it might be one of the awesome-est post yet on this site.

Comments

  1. I liked your blog very much. Its very nice and interesting.
    You are welcome in my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babli, thanks for dropping by! Glad you enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, u didn't buy any of the souvenirs? The second from bottom looks nice!~

    P.S Have fun playing with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm certainly enjoying walking around town with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't work the campers too much..glad to see someone's giving back to community.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey thanks for hopping by!

    i've been to bali once but can't recall if i went to the ubud area..hmm..

    the star at rm15? i'm still a little dumbfounded to say anything hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. STANLEY
    its like having a guided tour....and we get to see the best as looks like you are presenting the best to us....great photography is your signature...i am glad to know that you are pursing MEDICINE...GOOD LUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is reminescent of my trips to Bali many years back! Great shots here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been to Bali and hope to do so one day. Great pics, Stanley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christina_YY, I actually bought one of them tiny instruments shown in the last picture. And some titbits for the family!

    Kay, hahah its like a virtual tour huh. 5 minutes of holiday through this blog xP

    AY, lol I decided to take on the tough role. But we all had fun =D

    Chester Chin, thank YOU for coming too. They practically sell the same thing all over Bali but its nice to just walk around. I was tempted to but the paper but didn't. Thought that I'll have a news free holiday.

    Kavita, thanks for the compliments. You people who come by and read really keep me going =D I start A-levels next month! Perhaps I might ask you a few questions regarding the field if any questions pop up.

    Stan, heii!! I remember you, its been a while! Thank you =D

    Alice Teh, you should! Thanks for all your support =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe, u didn't buy any of the souvenirs? The second from bottom looks nice!~

    P.S Have fun playing with the kids!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts